The SEAI launched their 2023 Research Development and Demonstration funding call. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________SEAI launched their 2022 Research, Development and Demonstration call for research proposals.
The call aimed to accelerate transformative research to deliver Ireland’s clean energy and climate ambitions.
This required diverse approaches and engaged research methods, which may include multidisciplinary, transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary research approaches.
The SEAI National Energy RD&D Funding Programme welcomes research proposals from all research disciplines, as well as collaborative projects involving multiple organisations subject to alignment with the overall programme objectives.
There was a geothermal specific topic included in this years call:
Geothermal Energy Economic Evaluation (District Heating and Industry)
And thermal storage:
The potential role of Thermal Storage (including thermal batteries) in meeting the Climate Action Plan targets across a range of uses
There was also an Open Strand for any energy related topic.
The call closed date was May 29th 2023.
The programme is open to private sector and public bodies. The aim of the programme is to:
- Stimulate and accelerate the development of energy related products, processes and systems in the Irish marketplace;
- Grow Ireland's national capacity to carry out internationally leading RD&D activities;
- Support solutions that enable technical and other barriers to market uptake of energy related products, processes and systems to be overcome;
- Provide timely guideance and support to policy makers and public bodies through results, outcomes and learnings from supported projects.
GSI will co-fund two specific topics:
- Economic evaluation of geothermal energy in Ireland, and
- Investigation of geothermal energy for Industrial applications in Ireland
Deadline for applications was May 16th
Applications can be submitted under Open Strand or Topic Strand. More information will be available through the SEAI online webinar on Wednesday April 20th.
SEAI RD&D - geothermal topic - 2021
GSI are pleased to announce our continued collaboration with Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland's Research Development and Demonstration Programme. The 2021 call is now open and includes the topic Novel uses of geothermal energy for decarbonisation of heat. Proposals submitted to this Topic should seek to demonstrate a novel approach (in the Irish context) to geothermal heat use within a wider energy system, and assess the impacts of geothermal heat within the scheme. Modelled scenarios for future potential impacts could also be included.
Project scale: Medium, up to 3 years
Budget: maximum of €350,000
SEAI RD&D call - 2019
have partnered with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland for
their 2019 Research, Development and Demonstration funding call.
The programme objectives include the following:
- Accelerate the development and deployment in the Irish marketplace of competitive energy-related products, processes and systems
- Support solutions that enable technical and other barriers to market uptake to be overcome
- Grow Ireland's national capacity to access, develop and apply international class RD&D
guidance and support to policy makers and public bodies through
results, outcomes and learning from supported energy projects
GSI will co-fund up to two projects;
- Novel drilling and exploration techniques for deep geothermal resources
- Improved estimation of deep geothermal resources in Ireland
For full details about the call and call documents please go to the SEAI RDD call website
For more informaiton please see the SEAI website