SEAI have launched their 2022 Research, Development and Demonstration call for research proposals.
The programme is open to private sector and public bodies. The aim of the programme is to:
- Stimulate and accelerate the development of energy related products, processes and systems in the Irish marketplace;
- Grow Ireland's national capacity to carry out internationally leading RD&D activities;
- Support solutions that enable technical and other barriers to market uptake of energy related products, processes and systems to be overcome;
- Provide timely guideance and support to policy makers and public bodies through results, outcomes and learnings from supported projects.
GSI will co-fund two specific topics:
- Economic evaluation of geothermal energy in Ireland, and
- Investigation of geothermal energy for Industrial applications in Ireland
Deadline for applications is May 16th
Applications can be submitted under Open Strand or Topic Strand. More information will be available through the SEAI online webinar on Wednesday April 20th.
For more informaiton please see the SEAI website
SEAI RD&D - geothermal topic - 2021
GSI are pleased to announce our continued collaboration with Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland's Research Development and Demonstration Programme. The 2021 call is now open and includes the topic Novel uses of geothermal energy for decarbonisation of heat. Proposals submitted to this Topic should seek to demonstrate a novel approach (in the Irish context) to geothermal heat use within a wider energy system, and assess the impacts of geothermal heat within the scheme. Modelled scenarios for future potential impacts could also be included.
Project scale: Medium, up to 3 years
Budget: maximum of €350,000
Further details and application information: SEAI website
SEAI RD&D call - 2019
have partnered with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland for
their 2019 Research, Development and Demonstration funding call.
The programme objectives include the following:
- Accelerate the development and deployment in the Irish marketplace of competitive energy-related products, processes and systems
- Support solutions that enable technical and other barriers to market uptake to be overcome
- Grow Ireland's national capacity to access, develop and apply international class RD&D
guidance and support to policy makers and public bodies through
results, outcomes and learning from supported energy projects
GSI will co-fund up to two projects;
- Novel drilling and exploration techniques for deep geothermal resources
- Improved estimation of deep geothermal resources in Ireland
For full details about the call and call documents please go to the SEAI RDD call website