The GEOTHERMICA Consortium has announced the launch of an additional joint call on June 3 with a deadline for pre-proposals on September 13, 2019.
The Second Call will build on the success of the previous one and incorporate valuable lessons learnt during the last four years. Moreover, the GEOTHERMICA Consortium will be broadening for the Second Call, with Norway and USA joining, giving GEOTHERMICA now the weight to influence and accelerate the development of geothermal energy globally.
GEOTHERMICA's second call objective is to accelerate the development of geothermal energy globally, by combining the financial resources and know-how of its respective partners, as well as expanding the utilisation of clean and renewable low carbon geothermal energy beyond its traditional markets and regions.
The available budget for the Second Call will be confirmed with the publication of the call text but indicative commitments are close to €20 million in total.
GEOTHERMICA Second Call Timeline:
- 3 MAY 2019 Pre-announcement of Second Call
- 3 JUNE 2019 Call text published
- 13 SEPTEMBER 2019 Deadline for project pre-proposals submission
- 11 NOVEMBER 2019 Notification to projects that passed
- 31 JANUARY 2020 Call for full proposal closes
- 1 JUNE 2020 Tentative date for funding recommendation and announcement of results to Main Applicants
- 1 SEPTEMBER 2020 Tentative date for national funding decisions and contracts completed. Start of projects