The call will also include a groundwater topic co-funded by Geological Survey Ireland, and two topics that will utilise Tellus geophysics data.
A webinar was made available on April 27th 2023 for potential applicants.
The EPA have launched their 2022 call for research proposals including the following themes:
- Climate science, adaptation, scenarios, resilience and policy response
- Improving knowledge on greenhouse gas and air emission inventories
- Health in industrial regulation and in assessment
- Chemicals, hazardous substances and radiation in our environment
- Innovative approaches to environmental monitoring
- Land use knowledge, assessment and environmental risk
- Opportunities and barriers in climate action and in circular eonomy
- Raw materials and resource substitution and efficiency
The new research projects are expected to start in late 2022/early 2023, projects range from 12 months to multi-annual projects depending on the specific topic.
The EPA, GSI and DAFM will co-fund a specific topic on soil and biodiversity using Tellus data:
- Characterising the relationship between soil geochemistry and biodiversity in Ireland
- Technical queries deadline: Wednesday May 25th (17.00 GMT))
- Submission deadline: Wednesday June 1st (17.00 GMT)
- Approval deadline: Wednesday June 8th (17.00 GMT)
The Environmental Protection Agency, in collaboration with Geological Survey Ireland Groundwater Programme, funds research activities under the EPA Water research call. This research aims to protect Ireland's water resources and meet our requirements under
water-related EU directives, the United Nation’s Sustainable Development
Goals and national polices.
Funding is available for small, medium or large scale projects (please see call documents for specific Terms and Conditions).
EPA Research Call 2021
EPA has launched the 2021 research call seeking proposals from the
research community to help identify solutions to climate change and
other emerging and complex environmental problems. With up to €10.5
million available for new research projects, the funding will be
provided under the four EPA Research 2030 interconnected research hubs:
- Addressing climate change evidence needs
- Facilitating a green and circular economy
- Delivering a healthy environment
- Protecting and restoring our natural environment
call includes geoscience topics such as dating of Irish groundwaters
(co-funded by GSI) and assessment of Critical Raw Materials in Ireland
Changes have been made to the EPA's Online Grant Management and
Application Portal System as well as to the EPA’s Funding Rules.
Potential applicants are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the
new layout, new application form and templates, as well as revised
Application deadline is July 14th, however applications should visit the EPA website
for all deadlines, queries and applciation information
EPA Research Programme 2018-2019
The EPA have published their 2018 EPA research call
. This year the calls include 3 projects that will be co-funded by GSI,
two under the Sustainability pillar and one under the Water pillar.
Closing date & Submission
All submissions are to be made to the EPA via their online system. Deadline is June 27th 2018.
(A) Theme 1: Resource Efficiency. Topic: Ireland’s Critical Raw Materials (CRM) Budget. €300,000
(B) Theme 2: Health & Wellbeing including Radiation Protection. Topic: Metallic/metalloid chemical substances of concern and priority substances: Characterisation and epidemiological linkages. Budget €60,000
(A) Theme 4: Understanding, Managing and Conserving our Water Resources |Topic: Groundwater monitoring via GRACE satellite gravity measurements over Ireland. Budget €80,000
All information is available on the EPA website.