Targeted Projects Call 2023
Geological Survey Ireland launched a new call for targeted research proposals (Topics 1-6) and an Open Topic.
Topics are focussed on identified knowledge gaps and projects should aim to use datasets produced and available from Geological Survey Ireland with defined outputs that are expected to inform policy and build capacity in current and emerging geoscience priority areas.
All projects are expected to support national and international policy, strategy and/or regulation.
- Establishing paleoclimatic conditions and climate proxies from soft sediments and peat in Ireland
- Impacts of land use on soil health and the variability of soil geochemistry within peri-urban and urban areas of Dublin
- The use of hyperspectral geological core scanning for assessment of natural resources
- Developing a shoreline position forecasting model for soft coasts
- Bedrock mapping of the offshore Irish coastal and shelf regions through standard and semi-automated techniques
- Estimating shoreline recession rates for coastal hard cliffs using time-series elevation data and additional datasets
- Open Topic
Applicants should carefully review the information provided in the Terms and Conditions. Further information about the call topics and themes eligible under the Open Topic are provided in Appendix 1.
Targeted Projects - €200,000
Open Topic Projects - €100,000
Up to 24 months
Deadline for submission of information (Open Topic only): Tuesday, 5 September 2023, 12 noon
Deadline for full submission: Thursday, 5 October 2023, 12 noon
Estimated notification of results: November 2023
Contract signing: November 2023
Project start date: January - March 2024
Terms and Conditions
Application FormIf you have a question that is not answered in the above documents, or if you encounter any difficulty with the Word document, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.