The past half century of mineral exploration and research activity in Ireland has generated a considerable amount of lithostratigraphic data. Philcox (1984) produced an extremely valuable compilation of this work in an Irish Association of Economic Geology (IEAG) publication titled 'Lower Carboniferous Stratigraphy of the Irish Midlands'. Colloquially known within the industry as 'The Blue Book', it focussed on the Tournaisian of the Irish Midlands, which proved influential amongst exploration geologists.
Lower Carboniferous Stratigraphy of the Irish Midlands documents:
- Main text
- Figure 1: Location map and legend for figures 2,3 4
- Figure 2: Correlation of Midlands boreholes section 1
- Figure 3: Correlation of Midlands boreholes section 2
- Figure 4: Correlation of Midlands boreholes section 3
- Figure 5: Diagrammatic lithostratigraphic correlations - Irish Midlands