The Irish Centre for Research in Applied Geosciences
(iCRAG) and Geological Survey Ireland (GSI) are inviting potential postgraduate student supervisors to submit proposals to its new Environmental Geosciences Postgraduate Programme. In addition to the funding secured from SFI for five PhD projects, up to three additional projects will be funded by GSI [GSI will fund up to 3 PhD or equivalent number of years for research master’s projects (i.e. 1 x 4-year PhD = 2 x 2 research MSc projects].Research Themes
Proposals for postgraduate projects are sought under the following research themes with specific focus on geoscience research:
· Climate Change
· Climate Action
· Geoscience and Health
· Marine GeoscienceThemes of specific interest to GSI include:
· Applications of IODP data for marine geoscience.
· Research optimising GSI hosted data (Tellus, INFOMAR, international datasets, etc.).
· Increasing capacity and internationalisation of GSI-funded research to date.Eligibility
This scheme will offer research opportunities for academic researchers affiliated with, or supported by, a recognised SFI eligible research body.
Potential applicants must:
Deadline for applications
- have been awarded their doctoral degrees no later than 31st August 2015. For this condition, the date of graduation will be considered.
- not currently be primary supervisors or lead investigators on iCRAG projects.
The deadline for applications is 12pm, Thursday, 29th March 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
Application process & documentation
Please see the iCRAG website
Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org