The GSI Short Call is designed to support small scale applied, basic or 'blue skies' projects. Examples include:
- Seed projects towards development of larger scale projects
- Student bursaries or scholarships (e.g. summer students, MSc.)
- Development of prototypes/software
- Development of methodologies/toolkits
- Demonstration projects
- Development and publication of products (e.g. open databases, map products, books etc.)
For the 2020 call, and to support recent Government policies in relation to the Covid-19 economic recovery, this years' call aims to increase support the Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) sector as well as projects based in higher education institutes,
In addition, projects utilising the new Earth Surface Research Laboratory at Trinity College are particularly encouraged. The ESRL carries out analysis for the GSI Tellus programme and provides analytical facilities for bulk-rock and soil geochemistry research. Available instruments include wavelength dispersive XRF, energy dispersive XRF, a multi-element analyser and a Mercury analyser.
9am, 5 October 2020
€30,000 including indirect costs
Maximum 14 months
For further details including eligibility and supporting documents, please visit the Research Open Calls page.