Geological Survey Ireland, a division of the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment, is Ireland's national earth science knowledge centre, working on behalf of the Irish public. 6 positions are now open for graduate geologists to work for 11 months and gain valuable experience in the Earth Science sector in Ireland.
The available positions are within the following programmes: Tellus, Marine and Coastal Unit, Groundwater, Geological Mapping, Planning and Geoheritage and Minerals. There is one graduate geologist position for each programme.
Geological Survey Ireland is located at Beggars Bush, Haddington Road, Dublin 4, D04 K7X4.
- must hold, or be due to be conferred with, an Honours degree (2.2 or higher) in Geology or related discipline. Year of graduation must be 2018, 2019 or 2020
- must hold a full driving licence
- Complete the application form and submit with a cover letter to email@example.com
- Cover letter should outline your suitability for the role
- Closing date for applications is 12:00 noon 16 March 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed
- Successful candidates must be available to begin work in June 2020
- Canvassing will result in disqualification
- Salary for 11 months is €28,901 Gross
- Further information is available on the application form and website
Application form (word document)