Geological Survey Ireland invites your input on the planning of a government of Ireland sponsored Mineral Prospectivity Mapping (MPM) initiative to support mineral exploration in Ireland.
An MPM initiative would:
• Collect, organize and interpret existing data; including the identification of data gaps
• Develop methodical and standardized value-added data
• Maximize the use of industry data
• Refine metallogenic models for commodities of interest
• Utilise appropriate, state-of-the-art, data-driven and knowledge-driven MPM techniques.
View existing research projects on mineral prospectivity.