Geological Survey Ireland invites your input on the planning of a government of Ireland sponsored Mineral Prospectivity Mapping (MPM) initiative to support mineral exploration in Ireland.
An MPM initiative would:
• Collect, organize and interpret existing data; including the identification of data gaps
• Develop methodical and standardized value-added data
• Maximize the use of industry data
• Refine metallogenic models for commodities of interest
• Utilise appropriate, state-of-the-art, data-driven and knowledge-driven MPM techniques.
Please visit the link to complete a short survey (approximately 10 minutes duration). Your input is vital in informing an approach to MPM which targets key mineral domains using the most appropriate techniques.
View existing research projects on mineral prospectivity.