The Irish Research Council and GSI have partnered for the new COALESCE programme. The aim of COALESCE is to establish collaborative alliances and partnerships to respond to challenges set out in the National Development Plan and by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) identified by the UN.
Projects should aim to cultivate new knowledge, evidence, collaborations and links that enhance the role and impact of Ireland's research community in contributing to the achievement of national challenges and wider global goals. COALESCE will leverage the quality of Ireland's research base to address societal challenges. The call will drive active collaboration between those who produce new knowledge and those who use it.
GSI will co-fund 2 projects under the 2018 call:
- 1H Geoscience education and communication, 24 months, up to €100,000
- 1I Estimating and communicating the societal and economic value of geological heritage, 24 months, up to €100,000
Budget: up to €100,000 is available for each project.
Closing date & submission:
- Applications are via the IRC online system.
- Closing date for Expressions of Interest is 28 June 2018.
- Deadline for final applications is 3 September 2018.
All information and documentation is available on the IRC COALESCE website.