Geological Survey Ireland, a division of the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications, is Ireland's national earth science knowledge centre, working on behalf of the Irish public. 6 positions are now open for graduate geologists to work for 11 months and gain valuable experience in the Earth Science sector in Ireland.
Work location will be dependent on COVID-19 restrictions. Any field work carried out will be in accordance with COVID-19 protocols.
The available positions are within the following programmes: Tellus, Marine and Coastal Unit, Groundwater and Geothermal Unit, Geological Mapping, Geoheritage and Minerals. There is one graduate geologist position for each programme.
Geological Survey Ireland is located at Beggars Bush, Haddington Road, Dublin 4, D04 K7X4.
- must hold, or be due to be conferred with, an Honours degree (2.2 or higher) in Geology or related discipline. Year of graduation must be 2019, 2020 or 2021
- must hold a full driving licence
- Complete the application form and submit with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter should outline your suitability for the role
- Closing date for applications is 12:00 noon 15 March 2021
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed
- Successful candidates must be available to begin work on 08 June 2021
- Canvassing will result in disqualification
- Salary for 11 months is based on €32,321 (per annum)
- Further information is available on the application form and website
Application form (word document)