CGMW GSI BGR IQUAME Consultation Workshop Dublin 2019
Lecture Theatre, Geological Survey Ireland, Beggars Bush, Haddington Road, Dublin 4
Lecture Theatre, GSI
Event Attendance Instructions
The revision and digitisation of the International Quaternary Map of
Europe is an international project under the umbrella of the
Commission of the Geological Map of the World (CGMW) and INQUA
and coordinated by BGR. This project is based on international
co-operation with numerous geological survey organisations
within Europe and adjacent countries.
The IQUAME project has run successfully for several years and
INQUA 2019 in Dublin presents an excellent opportunity to present
and discuss the results.
For this purpose we are organizing a specific Consultation Workshop, kindly hosted by Geological Survey Ireland. The aim of the workshop is to present, discuss and enhance the results of the work that has been done so far with scientists from the international Quaternary community, members of regional and national mapping organisations and other project participants.
Start: 9:30 a.m.
- Welcome by a representative of Geological Survey Ireland
- Introduction to the workshop
- Presentation of the draft of the Quaternary Map of Europe (IQUAME) and review
- Discussion of thematic issues, e.g.: representation of glaciations (Alpine belt, Scandinavia, Northern Europe),
- Correlations of time scales, Active fault classifications
- Inclusion of max. glacial extents YDMax, WeichMax, SaaleMax, ElsterMax, CromerMax
- Completeness of data received: geomorphology, key locations, active faults, etc.
- Marine information
- Missing regions
- If time allows: short Contributions by participants (regional contributions, drafts, relevant Europe-wide data sets)
- Milestones, summary and outlook
End: 4:30 p.m.