Format: Fold-out Chart
This handy 8-page fold-out guide is designed to help readers identify and learn about 39 common minerals found around the world.
A mineral is a naturally occurring element or chemical compound that has a crystal structure and was formed by natural processes such as volcanic eruptions. This guide features 39 common minerals found around the world. At least one striking colour photograph and some key facts are provided for each mineral featured. It is double-sided and gloss laminated.
Minerals featured include:
· Agate, Blue lace agate, Botswana agate, Dyed agate, Moss agate
· Thundereggs, Turritella agate, Amazonite Amethyst, Aragonite
· Azurite, Beryl, Calcite, Carnelian, Celestine, Chalcopyrite
· Chiastolite, Chrysocolla, Citrine, Copper, Desert roses, Dolomite
· Fluorite, Fuchsite, Garnet, Gypsum, Hematite, Jasper, Kyanite
· Labradorite, Leopardskin stone, Lepidolite, Magnesite, Malachite
· Obsidian, Opal, Pyrite, Quartz, Septarian nodules, Sodalite
· Sulphur, Tiger’s eye, Tourmaline in quartz, Unakite and Zeolites
Size: 245mm X 167mm
Illustrations: Over 60 Colour Photographs
Publisher: British Natural History Museum
Published: Fenruary 2010