GSI's vast reserves of data, information, products and publications are mostly available through our Customer Centre. This is a walk-in facility where members of the public may physically visit and peruse our data. Here we:
Please note that the GSI do not provide credit facilities. Goods or services for which there is a charge must be paid for by cash, cheque or credit card.
- sell publications*
- provide information about our products and activities
- handle phone and e-mail queries
- provide a "Duty Geologist" service whereby if our administrative staff in the Centre can not handle a query they will call for assistance from a professional geologist
- facilitate access to the viewing of a large amount of our data via our dedicated Document Management System. This is a database of over half a million scanned documents and maps from our archives. Customers can view and search it from our desktop computers, freely available.
- Digital data can be downloaded free of charge from this database
- Provide a range of other services including access to aeriel photographs etc.
* Customers can also view and purchase our products from our online shop.
You can also view our publications here.
For information on the general services GSI provides please click here.
A summary brochure of information about the Geological Survey of Ireland and our various Programme areas can be found here.
Customer Centre Opening Hours:
Monday - Thursday
9.30am - 12.45pm and
2.00pm - 4.00pm
9.30am - 12.45pm
2.00pm - 3.30pm
Across the hallway from our customer centre is GSI's exhibition area. Here we house exhibitions permanently. For further information on these exhibiitions and details on how they can be borrrowed please click here.
The Customer Centre does not accept Cash or Cheque payment. Credit/Debit Card Transactions Only.