ProGEO is the European Association for the Conservation of the Geological Heritage.
ProGEO objectives are:
- To promote the conservation of Europe's rich heritage of landscape, rock, fossil and mineral sites.
- To inform a wider public of the importance of this patrimony, and of its relevance to modern society.
- To advise, in our countries and in Europe as a whole, those responsible for protecting our Earth heritage
- To organise and participate in research into all aspects of planning, science, management and interpretation that are relevant to geoconservation.
- To involve all countries in Europe, exchanging ideas and information in an open forum, and taking a full part in conservation in a global setting, including the formulation of conventions and legislation.
- To work towards an integrated European listing of outstanding geoscience sites, thus enabling full support to be given to the work of other international bodies, as well as to national initiatives towards site protection.
- To achieve an integrated approach to nature conservation, promoting a holistic approach to the conservation of biological and physical phenomena.